Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Australia Day



After enjoying the hospitality of another country recently and being a guest in their land, today I reveled in being in my own country on our day.
Today I enjoyed visiting my dear friend, watching our local beach life savers compete in a very long swim, sipping a crisp Australian chardonnay with my sister on the most gorgeous beach with the sun  reflecting off the water just the way we like it.  I went completely flagccentric and got some shots of our flag being worn as a cape, used as a sunshade and of it being paraded and enjoyed in the most positive way possible.
On this day I give myself permission to be as parochial as I like and appreciate how wonderful it is to live in this amazing country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!