Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I'm in the snow covered ski fields of Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan. The deep powder skiing here is amazing and I've had a fair crack at tackling some tricky slopes. Skiing in the tress is eerily beautiful but those pesky trees sure do jump out in front of you.
I have many aches and pains and for a time I wondered if the its "game over" for me with skiing. That was until I met a lady on the bus well into her sixties who is still skiing a few hours a day. She keeps herself fit with a varied set of exercises and eats an organic diet. She also limits the amount of medications she takes and finds natural methods where possible to treat her ailments. She acknowledged that she has good genetics and is lucky in that aspect but she looks after the rest. I was quite inspired by our brief encounter. It has given me something to think about and it came at a time when I was pondering the next step.
So... I'll be back on the slopes next year with a modified plan and maybe some knee braces!


 I have totally negated any waist trimming effects of skiing by consuming too many rich hot chocolates and the decadent Hokkaido truffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!