Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random Fruit




I'm always scrounging around my garden for seasonal botanicals to decorate my dining table.
I found the old unpruned and unloved quince tree laden with not quite ripe fruit.  I googled quinces and found out that they are ripe when they smell like pears and are yellow in colour with the velvety bloom almost absent.  I think they make a better display right now so I picked a bunch for the fruit bowl.




I've left the rest of the fruit on the tree to ripen or more likely for the parrots to eat.  If I manage to save a few I might make one of the recipes I found  - I'm partial to a little quince paste with my King Island Brie. So lets see if I get around to it at the end of February when the fruit should be ripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!