Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sailing on the Bay







The weather was perfect for  a sail on the bay - easterly winds of 10 - 15 knots with sunny skies. I am not a sailor but my husband is an old salt and loves to race his Sydney36 yacht out of Mornington Yacht club in Summer and Hastings Yacht club in Winter.
We occasionally have a non- racing day and invite friends and family to share some sandwiches and wine on a leisurely sail.  Its leisurely for me because I make sure there are plenty of strong young men to do strenuous things like haul in ropes and grind those winches.
I whipped up this Lemon Syrup cake to have before we set sail.  I love the tang of lemon with a hint of sweetness.  Anything lemony is tops with me.
The sandwiches were my imitation of the chicken mix from my favorite Deli in Mount Eliza.  They combine roasted chicken, finely chopped celery, dill, mayonnaise, finely chopped spring onion and shredded iceberg lettuce between slices of multigrain sour dough bread.  Thanks for the idea Mr Wigg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!