Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Soiree

We all had fun choosing a suitable outfit for the Royal Wedding.  I wore the faux fur I bought on ebay and I pinned an old brooch that once belonged to Aunty Molly on the front.  My daughter pinned my hair up, I put the diamond (?) necklace on and off we went to a friend's house for a little soiree.



I bought this magnificent royal blue dress for $2.50 at the local op shop and styled my ever cooperative sister with the addition of a hastily made sash to signify her royal bearing.  She won best dressed - of course.


I loved the bride's dress. It reminded me of Princess Grace on her wedding day.  Everyone in London seemed to be having a lovely time - a change from gloom and doom.
 This trifle was wickedly alcoholic and so delicious.
 The bride was there.
I got a bit silly with the lolly fake teeth....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me everything!